Before I start, all credit goes to Jethrocarr for creating this awesome 30 days of Geek Challenge.
The prospect is simple, It’s exactly like the “30 days of Me challenge” but Geekier.
Starting from the 1st April 2011 everyday you post a simple update on your blog corresponding to the challenge of that day.
- Day 01 – Why do you consider yourself a geek?
- Day 02 – Preferred programming language?
- Day 03 – What does your day job involve?
- Day 04 – Greatest application written to date.
- Day 05 – Quick nifty hacks you’re proud of
- Day 06 – Primary geek fuel (snacks/drinks)
- Day 07 – Preferred smartphone platform. And which do you use?
- Day 08 – Preferred method of communication with humans
- Day 09 – What OS/distribution do you run?
- Day 10 – Picture, screenshot and specifications of your primary computer.
- Day 11 – Favourite hacking environment – music, light, seating, etc
- Day 12 – What area do you want to expand your skills into?
- Day 13 – How did you become such a geek? Career? Personal interest?
- Day 14 – Favourite computer conference?
- Day 15 – Earliest geek experience
- Day 16 – First computer you’ve ever owned & your favourite ever.
- Day 17 – Post a useful HOWTO to solve a challenge you’ve come across recently.
- Day 18 – Most cringe-worthy geek moment
- Day 19 – Most hated computing environment.
- Day 20 – Where do you stand on Internet Censorship?
- Day 21 – Favourite thing & worst things about working in IT?
- Day 22 – Release some software under an open source license that you haven’t released before.
- Day 23 – Post a review of an application that you use.
- Day 24 – How do you feel about Open Source vs Proprietary software?
- Day 25 – Microsoft – friend, foe or other?
- Day 26 – Apple – friend, foe or other?
- Day 27 – Fix a bug in some open source software and commit the patch
- Day 28 – How many computers lying about the house?
- Day 29 – Looking back (at geek life), would you have done anything differently?
- Day 30 – Where do you see technology advancing in the next 20 years – and where will you fit in?
Feel free to change some of the questions to fit your needs, after all not every geek is the same.
Video logs (Vlogs) are also welcome if you prefer.
Comment below and please state if you are keen, I can make a list of everyone taking part. I will keep this blog post updated with lists of everyone doing this challenge so you can keep track of your favorite geeks too.
Current Geeks accepting the 30 days of Geek Challenge:
Click here to Tweet and share the word about #30DaysOfGeek.
Click here to Tweet @NZCoderGuy about adding your RSS feed to the list.
Update: @NZCoderGuy is working on a all in one RSS feed to combine all the feeds of the Geeks who are doing the #30DaysOfGeek challenge. This will help all of us keep track of everyones postings, increase traffic to your website and offer you amazing readings from other geeks. Please provide @NZCoderGuy with your RSS feed link or comment it below.
Update 3: We now have an easier way of keeping up to date, if you have Twitter you can easily follow the @30DaysOfGeekBot to keep up to date with all the Geeks posting daily.
FOLLOW our Twitter Bot to keep up to date with the latest 30DaysOfGeek postings from all participating Geeks.
Or keep up to date of other Geeks progress with this RSS Feed | New Posts Daily
A very special thank you to PiMP.TV for promoting the 30 Days of Geek Challenge, Video below (Towards the end of the video).